Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lo, 'tis a gala night...

Most of the rest of Poe's poem doesn't fit this gown.... but when I saw it, after I reaffixed my jaw to my face, all I could think of was 'gala'.


Word Origin & History

gala
1625, "festive dress or attire," from Fr. en gala,  from It. gala  (as in phrase vestido de gala  "robe of state"), perhaps from Arabic khil'a  "fine garment given as a presentation." Sense of "festive occasion" (characterized by display of finery) first recorded 1777.
(thanks, Dictionary.com)
 
This gown was made by Bee Dumpling, of "The White Armory".
It's called "Sixth Dimension".
 
Let me tell you a little bit about the White Armory, and their absolutely gorgeous clothes. I discovered them over a year ago, and instantly fell in love with the quality of the gowns that Bee creates. The difficulty, for me, was that while her gowns are amazing, they were largely centered around Medieval roleplay... anyone that knows me knows that I SUCK at roleplay... so while I lusted after the gowns (and acquired many), I didn't often have a place to wear them.
 
Until lately. Bee's branched out. She's begun to make gowns like Sixth Dimension- gorgeous, huge, flowy, with beautiful movement. Gowns that can be worn to gala occassions, not just within a castle's walls.
 
AND... Bee treats her fans amazingly well. Join the group and come back each week to receive one of her gowns, FREE... these are $900L dresses, folks... exquisitely detailed, sometimes up to 20 pieces for a single outfit... they're just stunning, and will always make you feel gorgeous. Bee's also introduced a 'group discount' board... one of her gowns for $50L. Amazing. You cannot beat her customer service, her care for her clients, and the stunning work she does on each and every piece she releases.
 
Now, without further ado, Sixth Dimension:
 




 
 
-----
Credits
-----
Gown: The White Armory - Sixth Dimension
Hair: Truth Hair - Luna - Black
Skin: LAQ - Tasha 2 [Fair] Glow Skin 1 - Hairbase
Shoes: Sass Shoes - Dark Jewel with side/back bow & 9 colours
Custom Collar by Damian Twist

No comments:

Post a Comment