Sunday, October 31, 2010

Masquerade!

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade.
Masquerade!
Hide your face, so the world will never find you!
Masquerade!
Every face a different shade.
Masquerade!
Look around -
there's another
mask behind you!
(from 'Masquerade' - The Phantom of the Opera)


As soon as Star Fairymeadow sent out her notecard to the Wretched Dollies group, inviting us all to a masquerade at Club Lucidity, I knew I wanted to go as Death.

Red Death, as per Edgar Allan Poe. However, I put my modern, feminine spin on it, making myself beautiful, rather than grotesque, and adding 'seduction' to the arsenal of the plague I represented.

Evie's Closet provided just the dress I was looking for: Melusine in Red.
This dress is... jaw-droppingly stunning. From the detail on clothing and attachments, to the scale of the dress, to the vibrancy of the reds and oranges used to colour it... everything about this dress shrieks 'glamour', 'beauty', and 'sexy as hell'.

 Evie's Closet also makes a Melusine Veil, to match their Melusine White dress, in the bridal store. When I originally purchased the veil, I did so specifically because it said it was 'mod', and I wanted to change the colour to match my dress. Imagine my dismay when I was unable to edit the colour! So, I wrote a notecard to Evangeline, the owner of Evie's Closet, and figured I wouldn't be able to wear the veil for my costume, as the party was the next day.

Evie was FANTASTIC in her customer service. She responded immediately, refunded my purchase, sent me a gift card, AND sent me a modifiable veil. You can see the awesomeness of it in the picture below.

Evie, just a thank-you for your amazing customer service. You went out of your way not only to respond, but to re-do the item for me, and to reimburse my purchase, and give a gift card. That is above and beyond regular 'customer service'... and I applaud you for caring so much for your clients. Thank you.


This is the mask that I chose to represent the seductive side of death. It's 248 prims- more primmy than my house! However, each prim is so worth it. Look at the detail, the beading, the gorgeous jewellery hanging off of it. This was obviously lovingly made- another success by Azriel Demain. I didn't have to resize, or move it- I just put it on and went to rock the party.


Here's me at Club Lucidity, winning the costume contest! Yup, I won, for best formal woman! 


-----
Credits:
-----

Hair: Analog Dog - Kathryn in Brown Sugar
Skin: Dream Ink - SF Rachel P11 Hairbase
Mask: FallnAngel Creations - Setara Mask Red
Dress: Evie's Closet - Melusine gown in Red
Veil: Evie's Closet - Melusine Veil, recoloured by me (thank you, Evie!)
Collar: Custom Made by Damian Twist

No comments:

Post a Comment